Sunday, February 22, 2015

18 Toy Finds of January


18 TOY FINDS OF THE MONTH OF
January 2015


At the end of each month I, Brunpuppies, will put together a list of the toys that I acquired over the course of the month. The number of entries will differ depending on just how many toys I got in that month. The order of the list will be based purely on my personal opinion of the items and is in no way definitive. I'm sure you the reader will have you own favorites and I am open to hearing about them in the comments section.

In January I had less toy finds than the last few months, but there were still some great scores. Since I am now super behind on my list I am just going to present photos and a single line of comments with each toy. Expect some run on sentences.


Let us begin with


18.  Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Krang Mystery Minis Vinyl Figure (Funko)
My local comic shop was having a sale on these figures and I was not disappointed with the character I got, although I'm not sure I'll get any more

17.  DC Universe Collector Classics Yellow Lantern and Blue Lantern Action Figures (Mattel)
An Amazon sale allowed me to extend my Lantern ranks at less than $5 a figure. 

16.  DC Universe Collector Classics Knightfall Batman and Batman Action Figures (Mattel)
Same Amazon sale afforded me the chance to get that awesome Az-Bat figure in my favorite color, red. 


15.  DC Universe Signature Collection Superboy Action Figure (Mattel)
I've been waiting for a Superboy in this "costume" for a long time, although I would have liked a better head sculpt. 


14.  Star Wars The Black Series Yoda Action Figure (Hasbro)

I love Yoda (who doesn't) and I'm really glad to finally have him in this series, BUT he does seem like a bit of a rip off considering he is the same price as the Chewbacca figure which is three times as large

13.  DC Universe Signature Collection Robin Action Figure (Mattel)
I'm a huge fan of the Damian Wayne Robin and this figure is a decent representation of him although, like Superboy, I'm not crazy about the head sculpt.

12.  Hot Dog Guy MiniFigure (LEGO)
Do I even need to explain why a LEGO Minifigure in a Hot Dog costume is awesome?! 

11.  Power Pangers Super Megaforce - Armored Mighty Morphin Green Ranger Action Figure (Bandai)
I'm really not a big enough Power Rangers fan to be willing to spend big money on the S.H. Figuarts action figures, but at a third the price, these Super Megaforce figures will find a place in my collection.


10.  DC Comics New 52 Supergirl Action Figure (DC Collectibles)
Strangely, I find that this Supergirl costume design works much better on this figure than it does in the comics. 


9.  WWE Elite Collection Defining Moments Hulk Hogan Action Figure (Mattel)
I'm not much of a wrestling fan but there is no way I was going to miss out on getting this figure to display along side my Andrea the Giant figure.


8.  DC Comics Designer Series Mr. Freeze Action Figure (DC Collectibles)
I'm not a fan of the exposed arms on this Mr. Freeze character design, but the detail put into this figure is undeniably "cool".

7.  Arrow: Canary Action Figure (DC Collectibles)
I have been loving this show and will probably get any figure that comes out from it, luckily this one came out great. 


6.  Aliens 3 Dog Action Figure (NECA)
Just when I didn't think I need to get anymore Aliens, I needed to get another Alien. 


5.  DC Comics Designer Series Commissioner Gordon Action Figure (DC Collectibles)
No real James Gordon would be caught dead without a sweet mustache.


4.  Superman: New Krypton Superman Action Figure (DC Direct)
The pictures don't properly capture just how great of a Christopher Reeve likeness this figure sports.


3.  Tamashii Nations S.H.Figuarts "Injustice: Gods Among Us" Batman Action Figure (Bandai)
I'm not willing to spend big money on a S.H.Figuarts Power Ranger, but I have no problem doing so for a fantastic Batman figure.

2. DC Universe Signature Collection Doomsday Unleashed Action Figure (Mattel)
I'm so happy to FINALLY have this magnificent Doomsday figure in my possession, yet I can't give it the number one spot because of how much Mattel has botched the scale yet again.

1.  Star Wars 1/12 Scale Storm Trooper Action Figure Model Kit (Bandai)
These Bandai model kits some how manage to be 10 times cooler than the Hasbro figures AND they're a heck of a lot of fun to put together.

That's it for this month's list, check out a few more pictures of the figures below.













0 comments:

Post a Comment