Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Jump the Gun: Godzilla 2014




Jump the Gun is a semi-weekly article where two or more HiddenLevel contributors voice their gut reactions to upcoming movies. Their opinions are based solely on what trailers, press releases, and information is available around the internet, oh, and of course their own personal bias towards the source material. None of the opinions are based on actually having watched the movie. Each reviewer retains the right to change their view after having watched the movie, if they ever bother to do so. After all, who wants to waste their money on a movie that looks like it’s going to suck? Unless you’re into that kind of thing.
 Godzilla

Godzilla

Movie Summary: Godzilla is back, destroying cities and any monsters that may get in it's path. Check out our thoughts on seeing this revisited classic. Post your own comments if you agree or not.




Brunpuppies - This looks like it could be pretty good.  I can’t say I’m much of a Godzilla fan considering the only movie I’ve seen in its entirety is the one from 1998, which I’m sure we can all agree is pretty bad and strayed a bit too far from the classic Godzilla concept.  This movie, however, looks to have the movie monster we are all more familiar with.  The big guy looks outright MASSIVE! Last year’s Pacific Rim has definitely put me in the mood for more big monster movies.  
Verdict - Will see in theaters


Kevshiro - OK, so I’m excited about Godzilla and can’t wait to see it but there’s a part of me that’s worried.  The worried side of me is the part that knows that there won’t be enough Godzilla in the movie and there will be a lot more conversation between people.  I don’t mind the conversations but most of the time it lasts way too long.  I’m hoping that there will be enough of the big guy to satisfy my destructive needs and that there’ll be a good battle between him and the new monster foe.
Verdict - Excited


SolidMike - I really don’t see this movie not bringing home an oscar this year, I mean it’s freaking Godzilla!!! But all jokes aside, I’m really exciting for this film. I think the trailers are doing a good job of showing you bits and pieces of the monster itself because it’s creating a sense of suspense to the consumer.


So come May 16th, we all can witness this new design of Godzilla in full action! I’m really interested to see what other creatures are going to be in the film. According to the trailers and toys, we already know Godzilla is going to have a show-down with some new alien-type bug (not original at all) but I hoping some other famous creatures make it into the film such as; King Ghidorah, Gigan, Rodan and MechaGodzilla.


I know this is wishful thinking, but let me fantasize dammit!! In any case I’ve been a huge fan of Godzilla since the 80s and seen every film up to this date, even the abysmal Godzilla film in 1998.

Verdict - Will be there on opening day and will buy Blu-ray/DVD when it’s released.

0 comments:

Post a Comment