Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Star Wars 7 Cast Announced




Big news today out of StarWars.com:

The Star Wars team is thrilled to announce the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII.
Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.
Director J.J. Abrams says, “We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud.”
Star Wars: Episode VII is being directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, and John Williams returns as the composer. The movie opens worldwide on December 18, 2015.
THE NEW CAST

Here's some reactions from out HiddenLevel crew:

Brunpuppies - I'm trying to figure out whether I should allow myself to get excited.  When the original trilogy was released around 18 years ago (God has it been that long?!), I watched each episode in theaters a minimum of 6 times.  With each viewing my hunger for new episodes grew.  By the time Episode I was about hit theaters, I had become a full blown Star Wars fanatic. A Fanboy if you will.  Then something happened.  I saw Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace.  

It was not good.

Not only was it not good, it made me simultaneously dislike and appreciate the original trilogy more.  I disliked the things I now knew about this world, but I appreciated just how well the old had withstood the test of time.  Darth Vader will forever be a great classic villain, it just kind of sucks to know how he got to be that way.  The mystery is gone.

So with this new trilogy coming out, I'm just not as hopefully as I would like to be.  That being said, I think Star Wars is in much better hands at Disney than it would in George Lucas's. I would like to think that they will translate some of their resent success with the Marvel Universe over to the Star Wars Universe.  Maybe.

At very least they seem to be off to a good start.  It's great to see so much of the original cast coming back.  I don't know a lot of the new faces all that well, but no one seems like a bad choice for the franchise.  (It's not like they have Johnny Knoxville doing the voice of Yoda's son or anything.)  One name that does stick out is muthaf**kin' Smeagol himself, Andy Serkis!  I'm very excited about his inclusion. Some of the others are familiar because they had their names drop a lot during Batman vs. Superman casting rumors.  I guess that means they're considered up-and-comers in Hollywood.

So the news seems good for the upcoming Star Wars films…so far.  I thing in the end I will reserve and judgement until the final credits roll on opening night.

Kevshiro - My initial thoughts on this are that I hope the Lucas Arts people have their Photoshop skills ready to do some wrinkle removal and some body trimming on every frame of the movie.

As for the movie(s), I really hope they include the Yuuzhan Vong as the main bad guys.  This race from outside the universe decimated the entire republic, remaking worlds over with their own genetically engineered creatures.  Oh, they are also un-sensible within the force.  How freaking cool is that!  These guys are really bad ass and I hope these next 3 films are all about them.

SolidMike - Believe or not I was never a big Star Wars fan. I mean I grew up on the first three  films, but I really didn't become somewhat of a serious fan until I seen Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith. I really enjoyed the back-story of Anakin and how badly his body (what was left of it) got disfigured by Obi-Wan Kenobi to become the iconic Darth Vader.

The ending impressed me so much, that I went out and purchased all three of the original films in their "remastered" glory and watch them all the way through. It was a satisfying feeling knowing that Darth Vader was indeed the chosen one all along that was going to save the galaxy from the Sith. I guess there was no way for the council to predict (even though they knew he was the chosen one) that he was going to become a Sith himself in the process.

Now here we are again with another chapter of the Star Wars saga and to my surprise the original cast members are returning such as; Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill. For some strange reason, there's no word that Billy D. Williams is going to make a return, but that annoying ass chewbacca is.

In any case, this definitely interesting news and what is even more interesting is that Harrison Ford is going to play a big role in the next film. Unfortunately, we just have to wait to hear more info on that.

                                                                                                                                                                          
So what do you think about the news?




0 comments:

Post a Comment