Thursday, July 10, 2014

Jump the Gun: Lucy


(July 25, 2014)



Story: A woman, accidentally caught in a dark deal, turns the tables on her captors and transforms into a merciless warrior evolved beyond human logic.
Brunpuppies - The trailer looked interesting.  It hasn’t really sold me on seeing it yet, but it was at least a good first impression.  It kind of seems like ScarJo is a little jealous that she didn’t get superpowers in the Avengers and now she gets to go all out.  I do have to say that the whole “using more than 10% of your brain” card is totally getting played out, not to mention completely inaccurate.

Verdict - I’ll see how I feel when it comes out.  Most likely a watch on TV movie
Kevshiro - Scarlet, you have my attention.  Although the whole human mind achieving 100% is not really what I’m looking at here.  I’m pretty sure you don’t get super powers when you get to explore your mind further but whatever.  Seeing Scarlet kicking ass is what I like and I’m curious to see what happens to her, although I’m not sure if I’m that curious to see it in theaters.  I think this will be a DVD, beer and pizza kinda night.

Verdict - DVD
SolidMike - Hollywood must think the average consumer is a complete moron. After seeing the trailer I realized that this is the same exact story from the movie “Limitless” that starred Bradley Cooper. The only difference is that sexy Scarlett Johansson is in it, but is that enough for me to go see this movie? No it’s not.

Verdict - Netflix

0 comments:

Post a Comment