Thursday, October 2, 2014

Top 30 Toy Finds of September 2014: 21 thru 25


TOP 30 NEW TOY FINDS OF THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER 2014
(21 thru 25)


At the end of each month I, Brunpuppies, will put together a list of the toys that I acquired over the course of the month. The number of entries will differ depending on just how many toys I got in that month. The order of the list will be based purely on my personal opinion of the items and is in no way definitive. I'm sure you the reader will have you own favorites and I am open to hearing about them in the comments section.


September's toy list continues with…

25. Mega Bloks Nerd SpongeBob Squarepants Series 1 Blind Pack Figure - SpongeBob with Glasses (Mega)

As big of a LEGO fan as I am, I'll always be a toy fan first. So if I see a see a building block toy that I like, I have no problem picking it up even if it doesn't have the LEGO brand name on it. When I saw that this cute little fellow was one of the possible figures in the Blind Pack series, I had to give myself at least one chance to try and get him. I guess my "creep guy feeling up a toy bag" skills are strong, because I got him on my first try.

I'm going to go ahead and say I like these figures more than the SpongeBob ones LEGO made a few years ago.  Fine, take my LEGO Fan Club membership away, but it's true. I like the fact that it's not restricted by some minifigure standard body and that it stays true to the cartoon characters general look. Now I have the urge to get Patrick.


24. World of Nintendo Donkey Kong Country Deluxe Figure (Jakks Pacific )

I'm really exited by this line from Jakks.  There are so many classic Nintendo characters that I'd like to have well-articulated figures of and Donkey Kong is pretty high on my list. The Deluxe format is perfect for this and I'm glad they didn't try to pull him off as being the same size as Mario like some companies would have. *cough*Playmates*cough*

Kong is looks great along side the other video game icons, but I have to say he's not quite perfect. This figure just needed a little more articulation, like swivel biceps, hinged knees, and maybe swivel wrists. As much as he has now, the joints still feel a bit limited. Another issue I have is that the color of the hair and the skin on the head don't match the body. It's a little more apparent in person than in the photos. Other than those nitpicks, he's a fun figure to have.


23. Super Mario Mystery Figure Bags Series 4: Bob-Omb MiniFigure(K'Nex)

Hey look, it's another non-LEGO blind pack minifigure!

When I walked by the box for these figures and saw the picture for this little guy, I really hoped it would fit in with my Mario figure. It's usually pretty unusual for "block" toys to look right along side action figures, but this guy looks great! The scale and style goes perfectly with the S.H. Figuarts and Jakks Mario stuff. I'll have to see if there are other characters from this line that will work too.  I know the Bullet Bills seem too small but the Boos and the Flying Fish might look good. Luckily Bob-Ombs are really easy to find in those blind bags. (Hint: it's the ones that feel like they have a golf ball in them.)


22. LEGO Minifigures Series 12 Piggy Guy (LEGO)

Hey! Look at that, I'm still a LEGO fan and not a complete traitor.

I've gotten every LEGO Minifigure since series 3 and typically the "Guy-in-an- animal-suit" is the first figure I try and get. I don't know why, but I always like these the most. This particular figure of a guy in a pig suit may just be tied for my favorite along with the guy in a chicken suit.

I usually try to collecting these LEGO Minifigures as soon as they start appearing but with the recent $1 price hike, I may have to wait until a sale before I get the rest.  For now I'm happy with this little piggy.


21. Star Wars Black Series Luke Skywalker Action Figure (Hasbro)

We've gotten, what, like two dozen Star Wars Black figures so far and three of them are of Luke Skywalker? Not that I don't like this costume or the other two, as a matter of fact I like them a lot, it's just that there are so many other characters I was hoping to get first. Where's C-3PO, Lando, Admiral Ackbar, and the Emperor? Instead we have three Lukes from three movies with three different hair colors. Oh well, what are you going to do?

This figure is great, but there are already so many things from Series 1 that I miss. What happen to the great paint apps that were used on the first Luke for his face and hair? This one just has solid colors and no paint wash. What about that second head with a cape that Darth Maul got? Couldn't this Luke have used something similar? The point of this line was to have the definitive version of each character, but it already looks like Hasbro is holding out for later rereleases.

All complaining aside, I can't wait to have this Luke displayed ruling Darth Vader. I need to start constructing an Emperors throne room backdrop.


Be sure to come back for TOYS 16 thru 20.

Click here if you missed TOYS 26 thru 30.


The opinions expressed by the HiddenLevel Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of HiddenLevel.org or anyone involved in the running of this site. HiddenLevel is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the Bloggers of this site.
The HiddenLevel Blog was founded as site for contributors to be able to express their opinions and share news about the interest they enjoy.  The main purpose is to have fun.
Other sites are welcome to use the information found on this sit as long as credit and a link are provided.  For and questions you may have or for further information about the site, please contact hiddenlevel.team@gmail.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment