Monday, August 11, 2014

Jump the Gun: Sin City: A Dame to Kill For


(August 22, 2014)



Story: Co-directors Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller reunite to bring Miller's visually stunning “Sin City” graphic novels back to the screen in SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR. Weaving together two of Miller’s classic stories with new tales, the town's most hard boiled citizens cross paths with some of its more reviled inhabitants. SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR is the follow up to Rodriguez and Miller’s 2005 groundbreaking film, FRANK MILLER’S SIN CITY.



Brunpuppies - Much like 300: Rise of an Empire earlier this year, this movie seems a little late to capitalize on the originals success.  This movie really should have come out years ago.  Certainly before the downward spiral that Frank Miller’s career has been.  It’s hard to be a fan of Miller with the taste of his work on The Spirit, Holy Terror, and All-Star Batman and Robin still in my mouth.  (Okay, so I admit, I had fun with the Goddamn Batman, it just seemed like it was written by a crazy greek writing fanfic rather than the man that helped define the character in the 80’s.)
Either way, it’s great that this movie is finally coming out because I was a huge fan of the original.  Marv is just one of my favorite onscreen tough guys and I hope we get plenty more of him in this next installment.

Verdict - Opening night if I can convince my wife.
Kevshiro -  So it’s a little late to be bringing this movie out but man the trailer looks great.  I loved the first Sin City and I hope this one will live up to the hype.  Wait a minute.  Is there any hype for this film?  God I hope it doesn’t pass in and out of theaters with people going, “did that movie come out”, like I’ve done with a few movies in the past few months.

Verdict - I’m going to try to catch it in theaters, if I remember

SolidMike - The first Sin City was really good and I’m super excited that the sequel is upon us. My only complaint is that Clive Owen has been replaced by Josh Brolin, not that he’s bad pick, but I really enjoyed Owen’s character in the first film.


For the life of me I can’t think of any other movie Clive Owen is doing now for him not to recur his role in the new Sin City film, but whatever, I’m still going to see this movie no matter what.

Verdict - Will see in theaters

If you're having trouble viewing the video, please click here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment