Sunday, June 29, 2014

Jump the Gun: Transformers - Age of Extinction

Jump the Gun is a semi-weekly article where two or more HiddenLevel contributors voice their gut reactions to upcoming movies. Their opinions are based solely on what trailers, press releases, and information is available around the internet, oh, and of course their own personal bias towards the source material. None of the opinions are based on actually having watched the movie. Each reviewer retains the right to change their view after having watched the movie, if they ever bother to do so. After all, who wants to waste their money on a movie that looks like it’s going to suck? Unless you’re into that kind of thing.

Transformers 4: Age of Extinction

(June 27, 2014)

Movie Summary: The Autobots, after defending the earth against the Decepticons, find themselves no longer needed.  Now a new threat has arrived and the Autobots must recruit new friends to face this new menace.

Brunpuppies - They went and made another one.  And they added robot dinosaurs.  And because it’s Michael Bay, they’re way bigger than they need to be.  Like old Godzilla big, not new Godzilla.  I really hope this movie turns out to be at least somewhat good. Based on, the other Transformer movies I don’t have my hopes set too high, but at least the Buff isn’t in this one, so that’s a good start.  If Godzilla fills the big monster craving the Pacific Rim left me with, I guess this will have to fill the big robot hankering.

Verdict - Will see in theaters to see Grimlock SMASH!

Kevshiro -  So Optimus Prime is riding Grimlock.  I didn’t even think most dinosaurs were that big back in the prehistoric times as I’m pretty sure Optimus Prime is very large as well, so he can’t ride Grimlock.  None the less, I’m really excited to see this film because well, duh Dinobots!!!  Even though it looks like they skipped one of my favorites Sludge, the Apatosaurus (Brontosaurus for those who think every dinosaur with a long neck has that name).  Also am really glad for the new casting as well.  Bye Bye, Mr. talk so fast that you can’t comprehend what they hell he is saying, I’m sure you know who I mean.  Welcome Marky Mark and his Funky Bunch to the Transformers movies, I’m really hopeful he can add more to the transformers films, as I”m sure they’ll be more to come.

Verdict - My butt is in the theater seat.

SolidMike - You know, it’s getting difficult keeping up with the Transformer films. After seeing the second film and realizing how bad of a movie it was, I couldn’t even bring myself to watch the third entry and now here we are again with the fourth film on the horizon.
With that being said, the trailer looks action packed and even has robot dinosaurs in it that are huge! I would be lying to myself to say that I wasn’t moved by this trailer even though it had Michael Bay written all over it with unnecessary explosions.

Verdict - Will go see in theaters.


If the video doesn't show below, please click here:
The opinions expressed by the HiddenLevel Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of HiddenLevel.org or anyone involved in the running of this site. HiddenLevel is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the Bloggers of this site.
The HiddenLevel Blog was founded as site for contributors to be able to express their opinions and share news about the interest they enjoy.  The main purpose is to have fun.
Other sites are welcome to use the information found on this sit as long as credit and a link are provided.  For and questions you may have or for further information about the site, please contact hiddenlevel.team@gmail.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment