Friday, May 16, 2014

An Early Look at Transformers Masterpiece Ultra Magnus and Bumblebee


As a child, Ultra Magnus was one of my favorite Transformers.  I had him before I ever owned an Optimus Prime, so I would often pretend that he was Prime and that he was just upgraded to a cool power suit.  At the time, I didn't know how close to the truth I was.  He was later replace by Hot Rod / Rodimus Prime as my favorite, but he still holds a special place in my heart.  I don't currently own a Magnus, the original was long ago lost, but this new Masterpiece Edition has me tempted.




Bumblebee is as character I have less of a connection to although I do currently own some movie figures of him and an animated version, but I never had one as a kid.  Honestly, I've always like his orginal G1 cartoon look.  I think it's that fact that he was a VW Beetle, maybe it's the horns.  Either way, the look of the Masterpiece figure is pretty much my ideal version.  The Spike is cool too.


0 comments:

Post a Comment